When you’re planning an event, large or small, the first thing you’ll need to figure out is how many portable toilets you will need. It comes down to math in our experience. Your needs will be determined by the number of guests and how long the event will last. Obviously, bigger events will need more bathrooms, but what most people tend to forget is that longer events will need more porta potties as well. Unlike indoor functions that have regular plumbing, outdoor events utilize portable toilets that have a set capacity.
Here’s a handy guide to help you determine how many porta potties you’ll need for your event:
- 0-50 People: 1 unit for 1-3 hour events; 2 units for 6-10 hour events
- 51-100 people: 2 units for 1-3 hour events; 3 units for 6-10 hour events
- 101-250 people: 3 units for 1-3 hour events; 4 units for 6 hours; 6 units for 10 hours
- 251-500 people: 3 units for 1 hour; 4 units for 3 hours; 7 units for 6 hours; 12 units for 6 hours
- 501-1000 people: 4 units for 1 hour; 8 for 3 hours; 9 for 6 hours; 13 for 10 hours
- 1001-5000 people: 12 units for 1 hour; 20 for 3 hours; 38 for 6 hours; 63 for 10 hours
The next thing you’ll want to think about related to the number of toilets you’ll need to rent is where they will be placed. Placing bathrooms across a wider area will require more units as well. Whether you plan to have multiple banks of toilets in different locations, or many individual restrooms spread out over the whole premises, you will want to increase your rental number to accommodate your plan.